Alpine Cello Course
Châtel, Haute-Savoie, France
7 days: Sunday 25th - Saturday 31st October 2020
7 days: Sunday 30th May - Saturday 5th June 2021
Minimum age 25. Maximum 10 students
Non-cellist partners are very welcome
This course is open to adults of all standards. The chalet boasts luxurious accommodation and students will delight in the daily gastronomic delicacies and nearly unlimited quantities of the local cheese and wine at every evening meal! Students will receive lots of individual attention and also work in very small groups for ensemble playing and technique. Other activities include cello orchestra and choir and individual rehearsals with piano.
09:00 Individual lesson/small group technique
11:00 Break with refreshments
11:30 Rehearsal with piano/ensemble
The Alpine countryside is the ideal environment to motivate and inspire and there will also be plenty of opportunity to get out into the fresh air. The area is ideally suited to leisure activities such as walking, white water rafting, mountain biking and sightseeing. Alternatively, simply lounge in the outdoor hot tub or relax with a good book. Châtel is an attractive old french village where new unpretentious chalet style hotels rub shoulders with old farmhouses where cattle still live in winter and milk and cheese are sold. Accommodation is in one of the village's oldest chalets, La Chaumière, a small family run hotel. All rooms are en-suite, have satellite TV, tea and coffee making facilities and a balcony. For further information on Châtel and to see photos of the chalet and accommodation please click HERE.
Included in the course fee (630 GBP):
• All tuition, including individual lessons and individual sessions with a pianist
The course fee marked on the OCS application form is the tuition fee only.
The accommodation fee (830 EUROS) should be paid directly to Connick Ski, the company that owns the Chalet. Connick Ski will contact students directly to organize payment of the accommodation fee once an application form and deposit have been received by OCS.
Included in the accommodation package:
• Accommodation in single rooms
• Use of all the chalet's facilities (hot-tub, sauna)
• Full board (breakfast, lunch, cake, 4 course dinner including wine)
• Tea & coffee throughout the day
• Accommodation night of Saturday 31st October
• Breakfast on Sunday 1st November
• Continental breakfasts
• Local excursions (but not entrance fees)
• Transport from/to AIGLE (see below). We offer ONE return journey from/to Aigle - pick-up on Saturday 24th/Sunday 25th , returning Sunday 1st November. Return transport to Aigle on other days will be charged at 30 euros per return journey.
• Extra night (Saturday 24th) B&B at the Hotel 68 EUROS
• Travel to/from Châtel/Aigle
• Afternoon activities (entrance fees)
Free transfers will only be made from the town of Aigle in Switzerland (on official arrival/departure dates only).
Direct trains to Aigle are very easily available at all times from Geneva airport. Please click on www.cff.ch for train times. Tickets can be purchased online or at the airport.
Transfers from Geneva airport can be ordered directly from