This course is designed to provide a wide breadth of study for bassists of grade 3 to post grade 8 standard. This exciting, innovative course aims to reinforce and build upon an understanding of all the essential elements of double bass technique in a lively and engaging atmosphere.
We believe passionately in using sight-reading, ensemble playing and improvisation to instil a sense of musicianship in each student. Rhythm and aural sessions back up the various double bass activities.
The courses include:
• Individual Lessons
• Video Analysis
• Technique and scales
• Improvisation / blues and jazz
• Ensemble playing workshop
• Masterclass (by audition)
• Performance opportunities
• Orchestra (with the cellists)